Nita Good Book

The Omen Machine (Sword Of Truth) - Terry Goodkind 2.5 Stars

The plot had potential, but ended up being a bit repetitive and lackluster. I was interested to see where Goodkind would take the series after the last book being the supposed end of the series. This book starts the day after Cara and Benjamin's wedding. People start declaring prophecies for awful events that quickly become true. And we all know how much Richard hates prophecy. And of course there is a whole new big bad introduced.

Not the most exciting book. Much of the story takes place at the People's Palace. I wish there had been a map, because I had a hard time gauging distances. Goodkind introduces a new land to the north, and I had a hard time picturing how long it should take people to travel to and through that land. It made the ending feel abrupt.

Maybe I am just all Sword of Truthed out. It didn't hold the same appeal I felt when I started the series over a decade ago. I will see how I feel about reading the next one when it comes out. Because the way he ended the book, it is obvious he plans on continuing the series.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas