Nita Good Book

Forever - Jacquelyn Frank Frank has definitely brought us a unique world. It has elements of ancient Egyptian mythology and reincarnation. The first book in the series was very heavy in the world building and lighter on the romance, I thought. But I enjoyed the world building enough to not miss the romance. I was happy to find the romance and world building much more even in this book.

Frank delves more into how the whole sharing your body with another soul works. These Nightwalkers are reincarnated by sharing the body of a human. You really can't have a romance with just the two Nightwalkers in those bodies. A Nightwalker blends his soul with a human's. But there are two conscience beings involved. So really this is a romance with all four souls. It was fascinating watching the human characters come to terms with this. I really enjoyed the whole blending concept. I wish Frank had introduced Hatshepsut earlier. We got to see Marissa come to terms with Jackson/Menes, but we don't get to see a blended Jackson/Menes falling for a blended Marissa/Hatshepsut. I would have liked to have seen the four blended souls coming together.

I'm really glad Frank went back to her Nightwalker world. Each Nightwalker race she introduces becomes my favorite. I can't wait to see what type of Nightwalker she introduces next.

ARC provided through Edelweiss.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas