Nita Good Book

A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses  - Molly Harper Nola promised her grandmother on her deathbed she would search for the four Elements created during a feud with the Kerrigan branch of her family of witches hundreds of years ago. She learns the Elements were given to her absent grandfather who lived in Half-Moon Hollow, Kentucky. Reluctantly she leaves Ireland for Half-Moon Hollow. There she finds vampire Jane now owns the bookshop her grandfather owned. While searching for the Elements, she makes friends, gets to know and lusts after her hot, though a little strange, neighbor, and learns a lot about a grandfather she thought had abandoned her grandmother.

I can always count on giggling my way through Harper's books. I definitely giggled while reading this one, but I thought it probably the most serious of her books. And that's not a bad thing at all. I still really enjoyed the story and the characters.

Jed, the love interest, was deliciously sweet and flirty. All of our favorite characters make an appearance - Jane, Gabriel, Zeb, Andrea, and Dick. Nola makes some great friends while her search for the Elements starts out strong and then gets more and more frustrating as the summer solstice deadline approaches. And she seems to not be the only one searching for them. She has to keep her cool and use her smarts to find all four Elementals.

This one could probably be read as a stand-alone. But I think for full enjoyment you should read the the Jane Jameson series and the first book in this Half Moon Hallow spin off series. They will provide good, funny entertainment.

ARC provided through Edelweiss.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas