Nita Good Book

Wicked as She Wants - Delilah S. Dawson Starting this book, I thought I would miss not having Casper's point of view. But just like Criminy, he's such a dynamic character that I really didn't feel like I was missing anything being only in Ahnastasia's head. Casper's mesmerizing even at his lowest. And it helped that I loved Ahnastasia. She's violent, self-centered, and maybe not completely sane. I was fascinated by her and her transformation from actually wanting to kill Casper to only threatening to kill Casper. As Casper says to her:

It's endearing how often you threaten to kill me. That's practically flirting to you, isn't it, darlin'?

We don't get the circus in this one, but we get to see more of the world as Casper and Ahnastasia travel from London to Freesia. Dawson has created such a marvelous world. I've truly enjoyed the settings of each of the books, including the two novellas, in this series. The world is imaginative, dangerous, and highly entertaining. And I like the slight steampunk feel (airships!).

I very much recommend you read the first book in this series. It's awesome, but also because Casper is introduced in it. Then read The Peculiar Pets of Miss Pleasance, as Casper has a role in this novella too. The three stories together give a fuller picture of Casper and his journeys in Sang and beyond. You'll have a great time, I promise.

ARC provided through Edelweiss.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas