Nita Good Book

Beauty and the Blacksmith - Tessa Dare Super cute novella. Diana Highwood has been crushing on the village blacksmith, Aaron Dawes, since her mother moved them to Spindle Cove. She keeps making excuses to visit him by breaking her jewelry and such. But Diana shouldn't be lusting after Aaron as she is Society and he is not. Her mother has been pushing her to marry as high in society as she can.

Aaron looks forward to Diana's visits. When he finally confronts her about her visits, they start a secret affair. Neither is sure, though, if their love has a future.

Aaron is such a sweetheart. And hot! I can see why Diana would fall for such a guy. Diana tries so hard to be the type of woman he needs (this leads to a hilarious dinner scene). I would have loved it if this had been a full length novel. Not because I thought this novella was lacking, but because I love these two characters so much.

ARC provided through Edelweiss.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas