Nita Good Book

What Happens in Scotland - Jennifer McQuiston Many reviewers are comparing this book to the movie The Hangover. It's a good comparison. Lady Georgette Thorold is in Scotland visiting her cousin. She wakes up one morning in a strange bed with a strange man wearing a wedding ring. She has no memory of the night before. When he wakes up, instead of asking him what happened, she freaks out and runs.

James McKenzie is not much better off. When he wakes up, he doesn't have complete memory of the night before either. And then he is bashed over the head and knocked out by the woman he wakes up with.

Once Georgette regains her composure, she goes on a mission to find out what happened the evening before and who the man is that she supposedly married. James is also on the hunt for Georgette, thinking her a thief. They spend the first half of the book making their ways around the village working out what exactly happened.

It's a really cute story. The hero and heroine spend half the book apart, but the journey to their reunion is fun. Once they are together and after James realizes Georgette is not quite who he expected, the story takes a very sweet turn.

Also we get a bearded hero for once. I liked that.

ARC provided through Edelweiss.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas