Nita Good Book

Edge of Dawn: A Midnight Breed Novel - Lara Adrian Breed, the Next Generation. It's 20 years after the events in the last book took place. The kids are now all grown up and have joined the Order. Mira is the leader of a squad and still grieving over the man she loves who died while on a mission. She grew up with Kellan Archer and loved him from the start. So it is a huge surprise when the man she thinks is dead is the man who she runs into while on her latest mission. He is in fact not dead, but now a leader of a group of human rebels. He faked his death for the best reasons, he thinks. But Mira feels betrayed.

Mira and Kellan end up working together to figure out who is behind a new weapon being used on innocent Breed that is very deadly. And though Mira is not sure she can ever come to trust Kellan again and Kellan is still bent on keeping Mira away and safe, they can't deny their attraction. I found Mira to be very honor bound and loyal. I liked her character very much. Kellan was a little head strong and gruff at times, but I thought it obvious he cared deeply for Mira.

We get many familiar characters in this book. All the old regulars are still in the Order. We get some chapters from the viewpoint of Lucan, the leader of the Order. Between the missions Mira and Kellan are on and what Lucan is dealing with politically, we slowly get introduced to a new big bad.

It's a fresh, intriguing new start to this series. I look forward to seeing where Adrian takes this storyline and getting to know some of the other now grown-up characters and the new characters introduced in this book.

ARC provided through NetGalley.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas