Nita Good Book

The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne - Jayne Fresina James Hartley and Ellie Vyne have always bickered with each other. And they continue to bicker with each other throughout this whole book. They act like they can't stand each other. But it's pretty easy to see they use all that arguing to hide their true feelings and, really, themselves. Neither is completely the person they present to society and their family and friends. It's also a way for them to connect. They seem to really enjoy it and they bicker all the way to the end.

I did not like James when he appeared in the previous book. He acted like a real jerk. I wondered how Fresina was going to get me to like him. She presents a more complex James in this book. He's actually pretty sweet. And I liked his humor very much. James won me over.

I wouldn't have minded seeing a couple more sweet moments between the two. They always seem in conflict, even when they are intimate.

But the characters really make this book. They're fun.

ARC provided through NetGalley.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas