Nita Good Book

Rogue Rider (Lords of Deliverance #4; Demonica #9) - Larissa Ione So here we are at Reseph's book. How would Ione present a sympathetic Reseph? He (or at least his demon side, Pestilence) was pretty darn evil throughout the previous three books. Would his siblings be able to forgive him? Would Reseph be able to forgive himself? Who the heck is their father?

Ione addressed all these questions wonderfully. For the first half the book Reseph has no memory of who he is or what Pestilence did. Reaver saves him from his torment in hell, takes his memories away, and puts him in the path of Jillian Cardiff. She has been living alone on her property near a mountain town and avoiding others after she was attacked by demons. She's very surprised to find a naked man lying unconscious on her property.

As Reseph tries to remember who he is, he helps Jillian try to figure out who is killing her neighbors. Jillian is not sure if she can trust this man. The more that is revealed about Reseph, the more dangerous he seems. But she also can't help falling for him either. Reseph may not know who he is, but he knows he likes Jillian more and more every day. Their growing feelings for each other will truly be tested, though, when Reseph regains his memories.

I loved Reseph's playful side. His playfulness balanced Jillian's seriousness really well. Jillian's strong. She'd have to be in order to live through a demon attack and help Reseph deal with his guilt. They're a great pair.

The Four Horsemen siblings have been searching for the identity of their father for a long time. They finally get answers in this book. Maybe others will have figured out who he is, but it was a nice surprise for me.

This is a great ending to the Four Horsemen's series. Ione knows how to write a fun and steamy story set in a unique world.

ARC provided through NetGalley.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas