Nita Good Book

Trapped - Kevin Hearne This book jumps a whole decade. It takes 12 years to train a druid apprentice and Granuaile is just about done with her apprenticeship with Atticus. They just have her binding to the earth to do. They've been in hiding; most everyone, including the gods, think Atticus is dead. But just as they start Granuaile's binding, they are discovered. Atticus has many who wish him dead, including a few different gods and the dark elves.

This is my favorite Iron Druid Chronicle so far. What I really enjoyed about it -

It mostly takes place in different realms. Atticus and Granuaile rarely stand still as they avoid murderous gods, try to fix the consequences of Atticus' actions in the previous books, and complete Granuaile's binding.

Granuaile is on the cover! This very much makes sense. Though the book is still just from the viewpoint of Atticus, Granuaile is very much a major character in this book. And I adore her. She is strong, steadfast, sweet, and funny.

Atticus and Granuaile's relationship. We've had hints of Atticus' attraction to her in previous books. In this one we find out Atticus is very attracted to her. But he refuses to do anything about this attraction. She is his apprentice. He doesn't want to take advantage as her "sensei", as Granuaile likes to call him. I really like how Granuaile handles this.

Oberon loves bacon; I love Oberon.

ARC provided through Edelweiss.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas