Nita Good Book

The Second Seduction of a Lady (The Wild Quartet, #0.5) - Miranda Neville This was a sweet novella. I like historical romances where the hero and heroine are separated for some reason. In this case the hero, Max Quinton, meets the heroine, Eleanor Hardwick, on a bet. What's supposed to be just a kiss ends up being real feelings. Eleanor is devastated when she finds out about the bet and refuses to hear Max's side of the story or trust the feelings he has professed. Five years later pass and neither has really gotten over the other. Now 30 years old, Eleanor is well on her way to spinsterhood. Eleanor and Max are reunited while Eleanor is staying with her cousin Elizabeth and keeping an eye on Elizabeth's 18 year old daughter, Caroline. While on a walk Eleanor and Caro run into Robert, a young man, whose ward just happens to be Max. Now that Max has Eleanor in his sights, he will do whatever he can to make sure Eleanor knows they are meant to be.

Eleanor could be a bit frustrating. Especially when she runs from Max a second time after she thinks he did another something very wrong. She obviously didn't learn the first time that talking is better than running. But I did like their second reunion. This time it's as they are racing to Scotland after Caro and Robert have decided to elope.

I found the dialogue witty and humorous, especially when Max was involved. I liked him very much, and he made up a lot for Eleanor's stubbornness. This story introduces us to Caro, who is the heroine in the first novel length book in this series. She's very innocent and a little immature in this novella, so I look forward to seeing how she has grown in her book.

I do wish we could have seen more of the week when Eleanor and Max first met. Much of their feelings developed during that time. By the time we meet Max, he is already declaring his love for Eleanor. I would have liked to have seen those feelings develop.

3.5 Stars

ARC provided through Edelweiss.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas