Nita Good Book

Archangel's Storm  - Nalini Singh I've been looking forward to learning more about Jason since book one of this series. He's the silent spymaster with the hinted at dark past. I was soooo happy when Singh announced Jason was getting his own book. Finally we get to learn why he is so silent and emotionless. His story is so sad and tragic. Gosh, I can see why he doesn't trust emotions, why he pushes them deep inside. He only sees darkness within himself and doesn't believe he could ever have a real connection with anybody.

But he finds himself captivated by Princess Mahiya. They meet when he offers his services to the archangel Neha to discover who killed her consort, Eris. Mahiya is the daughter of Neha's sister and Eris. Neha did not take their infidelity very well - killing her sister and imprisoning Eris. Mahiya is now virtually a prisoner in her aunt's court and dreams of freedom. And now that her father is dead, she fears there is no reason for her aunt to keep her alive. She's a very strong character. Mahiya never let her aunt's cruelty break her. And she's smart. Jason never really stands a chance - he's drawn to her almost immediately.

Added to that story line - we get some great moments between Dmitri and Honor. I was happy we got a little continuation of their story. And this book begins a story arc that hints at great upheaval and devastation. Label me intrigued.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas