Nita Good Book

Temptation  & Twilight - Charlotte Featherstone Well, I don't know. This is the book in the series I had been most looking forward to reading. I enjoyed both the hero and heroine so much in the previous two books and couldn't wait to read their story. There was plenty of angst and some really hot moments between Iain and Elizabeth. But the story was lacking. It felt like most of the story was Iain pushing his way into Elizabeth's life and Elizabeth trying to push him back out. There was too much repeat of this.

I think the big talk between Iain and Elizabeth could have happened much sooner. I liked the angst and all; I just would have liked to see more groveling by Iain and some more sweetness between the two.

I thought the conflict between Orpheus and the Brethren was resolved rather quickly and easily once Orpheus' identity was revealed. I did really like the strength Elizabeth showed when she found herself in trouble during the final conflict. She is definitely the stronger character in this book.

I'm sad to say I just didn't enjoy this one as much as the previous two books.

ARC provided through NetGalley.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas