Nita Good Book

Too Tempting to Resist - Cara Elliott I'm liking these Lords of Midnight very much. Though Gryff isn't nearly as bad as rumor has him, he's delightfully fun and a great match for Eliza.

All Eliza really wants in life is to live comfortably in a cottage on her own (most definitely away from her brother) where she can finally relax and draw scenes of nature. Her goals are hampered by her gambling, insensitive brother. She just needs one more large illustrating commission (the publisher she works for thinks she is a man, of course) and she will be set.

The Marquess of Haddan, Gryffin Dwight, mostly known for his rakish behavior, would like to publish his essays on nature, and is in search of the perfect illustrator for drawings to go along with his essays. You can probably see where this is leading. Our hero and heroine end up working with each other without realizing it. In fact, they first meet at a gambling hall because of Eliza's idiotic brother and don't realize the truth of each other until about 3/4 of the way through the book. Then, of course, there is the unsurprising misunderstanding that needs to be resolved before they can find any happiness together.

The scenes between Gryffin and Eliza were a treat, both humorous and sexy. And I really liked the setting. The book mostly took place outside of London. Which, makes sense; nature is a big part of this book.

A splendid story with wonderful characters.

ARC provided by NetGalley.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas