Nita Good Book

The Rogue Pirate's Bride - Shana Galen You know, I don't think I have ever read a pirate romance. I liked my first very much. Raeven Russell has pretty much spent her whole life on a ship. After her mother's death, she grew up with her Admiral father. At the start of the book she is dressed as a young man and in a tavern. She is there for revenge against the man who killed her fiance six months earlier. And that man is Captain Cutlass, a well known pirate.

I also haven't read the previous two books in this series. Cutlass ends up being one of three brothers separated in a fire during the revolution in France. He believes his whole family to be dead. After the death of his mentor, he does have some fears of losing people he loves. He is also very confident and a flirt and tease, in a extremely fun and sexy way. I loved that the more he got to know Raeven and her fondness for and great skills at traditionally masculine pursuits, the more he liked her. I was very much amused by their arguments and Raeven's frustration at her growing attraction to Cutlass.

I definitely plan on going back and reading the first two books in this series. If the two brothers are anything like Cutlass, I will enjoy.

ARC provided by NetGalley.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas