Nita Good Book

The Devil of Jedburgh - Claire Robyns Breghan McAllen's father has promised her hand in marriage to the Laird of Kerrs, Arran. He is known as the Devil of Jedburgh, because of rumors of his evilness. He's finally looking for a wife in order to get an heir. He choose's Breghan thinking she will be someone who can handle giving birth to a large baby. When he finally meets Breghan, though, he finds a much tinier woman than he expected. He suggests a handfasting instead of a marriage. Breghan agrees, looking forward to the freedom to choose her next husband after a year with Arran.

This one started a little rough for me. I found the hero a bit too unforgiving and rough around the edges in the beginning. And though Arran doesn't change a whole lot by the end, he grew on me. If I were in his circumstances, I might be grumpy too. He did have some great moments of sweetness with Breghan.

I really enjoyed the historical aspects of this book. Robyns integrated Mary, Queen of Scots and the politics and royal drama of that time very well, I thought.

Definitely recommended to fans of highlander romances.

ARC provided by NetGalley.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas