Nita Good Book

Where the Shadows Lie - Michael Ridpath Mysteries are not really in my reading comfort zone. I generally have no interest in reading them. The few I have read have all been for book clubs. But this one piqued my interest because the story involves The Lord of the Rings. So I gave it a shot.

It was fine, but slow going for me. The parts including the Lord of the Rings were interesting; Ridpath I thought was very creative with the saga and linking it to Tolkien. I liked the family history surrounding the saga. The the rest of the plot and characters were not as interesting to me. Again, it's probably the genre in general that holds no interest for me. Our lead is Magnus, and Icelandic born Boston cop hiding out in Iceland while his life is in danger from a drug cartel. His character got me through the story, but I don't feel like there is any need for me to continue his story and read the second book. Mystery is just not my genre.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas