Nita Good Book

Bride for a Night - Rosemary Rogers Talia is into her third season when her father informs her he has found her a husband. He is a self made man who wants his daughter to marry someone with a title. Talia finds herself awkward around the ton, and much to her father's disappointment, hasn't snatched up a husband. He takes it upon himself to find one for her. Not the greatest father, he picks the worst type of fellow – a gambler. But on her wedding day this man disappears, leaving Talia embarrassed on the alter. Her father blackmails the runaway groom's older brother into taking his place and marrying Talia.

Gabriel is an earl, and very pissed he is being forced into this marriage. He decides he will banish her to one of his country estates. Even though they end up having a passion filled wedding night together, he still sends her away from London. Talia finds herself flourishing in the country away from her overbearing father and cold husband. Her quiet life in the country is interrupted when she accidentally over hears the plans of some french spies. They discover her and she is kidnapped to France. When Gabriel discovers this, he takes it upon himself to rescue her.

It doesn't take Gabriel long to realize he cares for Talia. Actually I was surprised how quickly his feelings turned. It took Talia longer to trust Gabriel and to express her feelings for him. But she isn't annoying about her stubbornness to trust him. It would also take me a while to trust someone who treated me the way Gabriel first treated Talia.

I don't know how probable this story is with the French spies and all, but it was fun and not so over the top to be ridiculous. Overall – good characters, pleasant romance, and exciting plot. Not a bad read at all.

ARC provided by NetGalley.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas