Nita Good Book

Body of Sin - Eve Silver When I read the first three books in this series, I assumed it was only going to be a trilogy. Actually, at some point I remember the series name being the Otherkin Trilogy. At any rate, I was very excited to see there was going to be a fourth book, and that the hero would be Lokan. He deserved a story, and I wanted to learn more about him and his relationship with the mother of his daughter.

I recommend reading the first three books before this one. The events in those books lead up to this one. I don't want to give too many details of the story - it spoils the previous books, I think. I'll just say that Lokan is the son of the Underworld god, Sutekh. He collects souls for his father to feed on. But he is murdered (though it is extremely hard to kill an immortal like him) and now must try to make his way out of the void. He knows who his murderer is, and thinks the murderer will go after his daughter. He will do anything to stop this from happening.

Bryn is the mother of Lokan's daughter. Bryn and Lokan's relationship has been very cordial and friendly, but always focused on their daughter. Lokan has not told Bryn he is supernatural. And Bryn has been keeping secrets of her own from Lokan.

This was my favorite of the four books. I would have been content with just the three books, but think this fourth book really tied everything together. I loved both the hero and heroine, and rooted for them the whole way. At the start of this book we have no idea how Bryn and Lokan met and how they ended up with a daughter. The flashbacks were a great way for us to see the beginning of their relationship. The Underworld mythology is fascinating and different - makes for an exciting and refreshing read. I hope Silver continues writing in this world; I can see the three brothers introduced in this book being very hero-worthy.

ARC provided by NetGalley

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas