Nita Good Book

Where Demons Fear to Tread - Stephanie Chong Serena is a guardian angel. Julian is a demon. Serena meets Julian while trying to find her current assignee in Julian's night club. Of course as soon as Julian spots Serena, he wants her . And Serena finds herself tempted.

The concept Chong presents us of angels and demons isn't completely unique. Serena, even in her mortal life, and now as an angel, is very good and innocent. Julian spends his time corrupting humans and making tons of money.

While I was entertained by the goodness of Serena and the evilness of some of Julian's fellow demons, I was not completely satisfied with Julian. We are told how evil he is, but we never really get to see it. We get a lot of seducing and threats from him - not completely moral, but not very evil either. I guess the author wanted us to see him as redeemable, but I more pitied him, which isn't an emotion I generally want to feel for my heroes.

The push and pull of their relationship was what kept me invested in this story. I wanted to know how they would get their happily ever after. I was satisfied with the conclusion.

ARC provided by NetGalley.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas