Nita Good Book

Dark Awakening - Kendra Leigh Castle Dark Awakening has a pretty unique vampire concept. Unique enough to make this paranormal romance fresh and entertaining. The vampires have their own caste system and struggles. The lowbloods are vampires that are generally also animal shifters. They are seen as animals and servants by the highbloods.
Ty is one of these lowbloods. He can shift into a cat, and serves the queen of the highblood group called The Ptolemy. He is on a mission to find a seer. He finds Lily, and convinces her to go with him to help The Ptolemy discover who is behind the killings of their members. And since this is a romance, they have an instant passion for each other.
Ty accepts his lowblood status. He sees being a servant and being treated with contempt by the other vampires as better than making a living on his own. That was the most frustrating part of the book for me, Ty letting others treat him like crap. He is one stubborn character. Otherwise I liked him and his interactions with Lily very much.
So, a wonderful start to a new series - fresh take on vampires and great characters.

ARC provided by NetGalley.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas