Nita Good Book

Awaken the Highland Warrior - Anita Clenney I really liked the concept of this book - Scottish warriors fighting against demons. Faelan is betrayed while on a mission in New York and ends up in a Time Vault for 150 years. Bree is the one who discovers him and wakes him up from his very long sleep. Neither trusts the other, but they have a strong attraction right from the start. They discover the demon who put Faelan in the Time Vault is still in the neighborhood and has very evil plans (what a surprise!).

Characters were kind of meh for me, especially Faelan. He takes until the very end to trust Bree, and because of this does not treat her the greatest. And even though most of the story went back and forth with the views of Bree and Faelan, I never really connected with either or completely understood their emotions.

My one other complaint is the storytelling was a little muddled in places. Parts were confusing and I had to re-read some paragraphs. A few transitions were too jumpy and not smooth at all.

I'm giving it 3 stars, leaning towards 4. I liked the concept and world building enough that I will probably read the next book in the series.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas