Nita Good Book

Naamah's Blessing - Jacqueline Carey There is a pattern in all nine of the books in the Kushiel Legacy series. The main character (be it Phedre, Imriel, or Moirin) finds herself having to travel, usually from Terre d'Ange (this world's alternative France) to some other part of the world and usually in pursuit of someone. In this particular book Moirin, with Bao and others, ends up having to travel to Terra Nova (the New World), specifically the alternative Aztec and Incan empires, in search of Prince Thierry, reported lost and dead in the jungle. Of course there is much more to the story. Moirin is following her destiny and the final 1/3 of the book has her dealing with the mistakes she made in the first book of her trilogy.

I am always greatly entertained by these books - the characters, the countries and cultures, the gods, the drama, the sex, and even all the "mayhaps". This series is unique, fun, and clever, especially the characters. I definitely wouldn't mind another three books in this series, maybe with Desiree as the next main character.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas