Nita Good Book

Seduction & Scandal - Charlotte Featherstone I was very much entertained by the story with the Brethren and their mysteries. No complaints there. The characters I liked for the most part. I understood Isabella's reasons for trying to keep herself away from Earl of Black and marry someone "safe". Her life growing up was full of hardships; she doesn't want to ever deal with hunger or uncertainties ever again. She has to learn to trust that their passion for each other is not temporary.

As for our hero, I wish Black's past had been a little more fleshed out. Especially his first connection with Isabella. I felt like we were not given enough details of his past. Featherstone usually writes fantastic dark and brooding heroes, but I wasn't completely satisfied with Black or his feelings for Isabella. I am keeping my hopes up for the hero in the next book, Sussex.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas