Nita Good Book

Beloved of the Fallen - Savannah Kline I give this book 2 1/2 stars. It started out really good with the angel Valentin's fall in ancient Babylon. And then on to current day where we meet Kira after the death of her Congressman father. Valentin and Kira meet when he is ordered by Lucifer to help her run for Congress. Lucifer thinks she is the Destined one to lead the world to nuclear war and his reign of earth.

Of course Valentin and Kira fall in love and I understood their relationship in the beginning. But we only get Kira's viewpoint for most of the rest of the book. I wanted more of Valentin's viewpoint. It would have helped me understand his feelings and motives more.

I think my biggest complaint is the book felt too rushed and short. Problems are resolved very easily, especially in regards with Valentin. The book needed more emotion and more story.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas