Nita Good Book

Highlander's Curse - Melissa Mayhue Every once in a while I crave a romance involving a hot Scottish Highlander and some time travel. This series by Melissa Mayhue usually solves that craving. Some of the books are better than others, though.

The hero and heroine were fine. Colin is from early 14th century Scotland. All of his energy is bent on seeing Scotland free from English control. Abby lives in present day Colorado and is finishing her studies to be an archaeologist. She is about to spend a couple months in Scotland at an archaeological dig. Again, I was thought they were fine, but I did not become very attached to either of them or their relationship. I especially found their finally coming together and realizing their love for each other pretty anti-climatic.

But I enjoyed the fact that the book starts out with both characters in their respective times but they meet in the present and then go into the past. Usually you know when Mayhue will leave her characters, but I wasn't sure with this one. I really liked how it ended.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas