Nita Good Book

The Scandal of Lady Eleanor: A Regency Romance - Regina Jeffers Oh wow, ok, I was expecting something completely different when I started this book. I guess I did not read the description at all, and the cover completely threw me off. I was expecting more of a historical fiction type book with a romance and no sex, so was a bit surprised by the naughtiness in this novel. This book plays more like a historical romance, and most historical romances have a couple on the cover in an intimate pose or at least a woman on the cover in a sexy pose with half her head chopped off by the top of the book. But I think if I had paid more attention to the description, I would have recognized it more as a straight up romance.

In any event I did enjoy the story and characters, and the naughtiness was a plus. The hero James was part of a secret British government unit. He and his comrades have pretty much retired and are all settling down to normal lives (normal for British Society as it were). His comrade's sister, Eleanor, literally falls into his arms while James is visiting and he falls into instant lust and as he gets to know her, love. The story involves a past enemy threatening James and his happiness and Eleanor dealing with a blackmailer. And it looks like it is to be a series with each of James' comrades heroing a book. Very fun historical romance; don't let the cover fool ya.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas