Nita Good Book

Claimed  - Evangeline Anderson Pretty steamy for a book with only one actual sex scene. But there is whole lot of sexy talk and foreplay that is on the erotic side.

Most of the book involved Baird, a warrior from the alien race Kindred, trying to seduce Olivia, an earth woman, to mate and stay with him. She fights him pretty much the whole way. Liv does not want to leave her twin sister and her job. Olivia fighting her desires did get a little tiresome towards the end. I started to feel sorry for Baird.

There is a bit more conflict at the end involving another alien race, the Scourge, but it was solved pretty easily. Though from the epilogue it looks like they will be bringing conflict to the hero and heroine in the next book in this series.

Also the alien culture was interesting. I like the idea of the three different kinds of Kindred. But the technology and animals were at times silly. Or maybe it was more the names for the them. Take-me is an animal that, um, takes people places on its back. See, silly.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas