Nita Good Book

Eternal Rider - Larissa Ione Larissa Ione has started her new series with a bang. She has created a unique story with a lot of familiar creatures - demons, angels, vampires, etc. - and familiar mythology.

I very much enjoyed both our hero and heroine. Cara was dealing with her own problems before her whole world turned upside down upon meeting Ares. But she ends up being a very strong character, and it was easy to see why Ares comes to love her. Ares is pretty rough around the edges, which is understandable as the Horseman of War. Who wouldn't be a little grumpy witnessing war for the last 5,000 years? But Cara ends up being exactly what he needs.

Some familiar characters from Ione's Demonica series pop in, which was fun. It looks Limos' story is next; I look forward to her story and reading what evil Pestilence does next.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas