Nita Good Book

Dating Jesus: A Story of Fundamentalism, Feminism, and the American Girl - Susan Campbell The author, Susan Campbell, writes about growing up in a very strict fundamentalist church, and how this conflicts with her budding feminist views. I found her childhood and teenhood stories very interesting and insightful. I also enjoyed her history of fundamentalism and her church. I was confused, though, as to why she did not include stories from her college and adult years when she left the church. I would have loved to have read about her thoughts and feelings while she made that decision to leave her church and embrace her ideas of gender equality. She discusses being "Jesus Haunted" in the last two or three chapters. I think these chapters would have impacted me more if I would have been able to read about her earlier religious transformations.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas