Nita Good Book

Sinful - Charlotte Featherstone Matthew Wallingford is a cold and very scarred Earl. He is the worst kind of rake. Jane is a very independent spinster nurse with an ugly past. Neither were looking for love; neither believed in love. But there is instant attraction when they meet at the hospital she works at after he is beaten to a pulp and robbed. They both fight this need for each other, but Jane fights the longest and hardest.
Featherstone writes very lovely erotic and descriptive sex scenes. Her romance books are just dramatic enough, I think, without going overboard. The author presents very flawed characters that you are still able to relate with and root for a happily ever after. I honestly loved the way it ended, and kind of wish I had not read the epilogue on the author's website. I think the epilogue kind of ruined the big understanding Jane discovers about herself and what it means to be independent.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas