Nita Good Book

Mind Games - Carolyn Crane What I like most about this book is Justine's "superpower". She is recruited by Packard and his group of "disillusionists" to use her hypochondria against the evil in the city. Justine and the other disillusionists push their own worst aspects - anger, fear, lack of self-esteem, alcoholism, gambling, etc. - into that criminal until they are completely broken down. The idea is they will build themselves up to be better people. Sometimes this can take months, depending on how strong that criminal is, to disillusion him/her.
The story itself was really good. Justine ends up having to make some tough decisions, especially after she finds out certain people have not been completely honest with her. Crane's world building is interesting. Psychics (or highcaps as they are referred to in this book) are pretty much known to exist, but they must hide from society since they are so much feared. The author gives some information about this group of people, but not a lot. I hope she reveals more in the next book - which I am very much looking forward to.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas