Nita Good Book

Covet - J.R. Ward This is a great start to a new series by Ward. I think it is about 3/4 paranormal romance and 1/4 urban fantasy. Jim dies and is given a mission from heaven to help seven people who are at a crossroads. If I understand the premise correctly, these seven people could either completely immerse themselves in one of the seven deadly sins or redeem themselves. It is Jim's job to help them on the right path. In this book Jim is helping Vin from a life of greed. Vin meets and falls for Marie-Terese, who is hiding from her past. Add to the mix demons, a deranged stalker, and a couple Brother cameos. I do wonder though, if it is the seven deadly sins, how she is going to make sloth and gluttony sexy?

The plot was intriguing and the characters likable. I hope we get to learn more about Jim's past. I liked the fact that Jim was chosen by heaven to work on their side even though he is far from perfect and has a pretty morally questionable past, as far as I could tell from what little information was given. Fans of Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood books will like this new series, I think.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas