Nita Good Book

Winterblaze - Kristen Callihan I love reading romances with married couples reconnecting. Poppy and Winston were happily married until Winston found out his wife was keeping secrets. Those secrets came out in the last book after Winston was attacked by a werewolf. Now he is scarred and very very angry at Poppy. But after a separation they are thrust back together when Poppy realizes a demon is after Winston. She will do whatever she can to keep him safe.

I've liked smart, collected Poppy since book one. So it hurt to watch her deal with Winston's anger, even if Winston's anger is a bit justified. Poppy kept her secrets for over a decade, secrets that are huge part of Poppy. I'd be angry too. It was fun watching them reconcile. Winston's changed since his attack. He's more intense, and he brings that intensity into their relationship. Their reunion is very passionate.

I loved the flashbacks to when they first met and their courtship. They definitely added to their story and showed just how much they have grown. Also, it was just nice seeing how they met.

I coveted the parts with Mary and Jack. I adore Jack and can't wait for their book.

Callihan has done such a lovely job combining two of my favorite types of romances - historical and paranormal. And I thank her for that.

ARC provided through NetGalley.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas