Nita Good Book

The Earl in My Bed - Sophie Jordan Everyone, including herself, assumes Paget will marry her childhood friend Owen. He left four years earlier to fight a war with the understanding they would marry when he returned. But Paget comes to realize that as much as she cares for Owen, she doesn't passionately love him. And she really wants to marry someone she is passionate about.

Jamie is Owen's older brother. He has returned from the war named the new Earl of Winningham after their older brother passes away. He has never gotten along with Paget, looking down on her as just a vicar's daughter. But his old prejudices have altered and he returns home to find Paget a very desirable woman.

Paget at first finds Jamie the same, a person who riles her up. But he also brings out her passionate side. Because neither want to hurt Owen, they fight their attraction.

It's short, so the story moves along quickly, but I thought the progression of their relationship believable. It was a very intense relationship, just like what Paget was looking for. But Jamie had his sweet moments too. I was a little frustrated with the way Jamie handled a situation towards the end and how easily Paget gave into it. Really, though, what this short story did was make me very intrigued by Owen. I can't wait to read his book now.

3.5 stars

ARC provided through Edelweiss.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas