Nita Good Book

Archangel's Blade - Nalini Singh This book is about revenge. Ok, it is a romance, but both our hero and heroine must deal with others who have hurt them very badly. Vampire Dmitri's revenge happened in the past against the angel who ruined him deeply. He has been a hard, lethal vampire ever since. And now some local murders seem to have a connection to that past. Guild Hunter Honor has been hiding from others and herself ever since her brutal torture at the hands of some sadistic vampires. When she is assigned to a case with Dmitri, he ends up helping her hunt and bring vengeance against those who hurt her.

Singh knows how to bring it. She is able to present a character as hard and lethal and unforgiving in one book and make you fall in love with him in the next. I liked Dmitri and Honor very much, and I liked them even more when they were together. They have an uneasy relationship at first, but they start to depend on and care for and, of course, lust after (almost immediately) the other. The twist at the end in regards to their relationship I completely saw coming - not a surprise at all. But it was still emotionally and brilliantly presented.

I am giving this book 5 stars, though I do have one beef. I find the cover quite awful - really really awful. That absolutely is not Dmitri.

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas