Nita Good Book

Aftermath - Ann Aguirre 4.5 Stars

In this book Jax works on completing all the promises she made in the previous books, though first she must deal with the consequences of her actions from the end of the last book. Almost 6 years pass during this book as she helps train new jumpers, brings Baby-Z2 back to his home planet and is waylaid there for a while, and finally deals with her promise to Loras. If you are a big March fan, you might be a little disappointed because he is in this book very little; he has his own mission he needs to complete. Vel fans will be very happy, though.

This book is very Jaxcentric. Though the books are all from Jax's perspective, the settings in the previous books were always bigger than Jax. Aguirre is great about fleshing out her other characters and the world she has created. This book felt a little more scaled down. The great characters are still there, but Jax interactions with them are very limited, aside from Vel. Maybe this is why, though I still really enjoyed the book (I have a deep love for Jax), I couldn't quite give it the full five stars like the previous books.

One more book left...

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas