Nita Good Book

Magic Burns - Ilona Andrews Magic Burns is the second book in the Kate Daniels series. This series take place in the near future where magic is trying to reinstate itself into dominance over technology. When waves of magic hit Atlanta, technology does not work at all. Supernatural beings and magicians are reinstating themselves along with the magic. Kate is a mercenary with magical abilities. It is her job to clean up the mess when magic goes wrong, which happens a lot during these magical waves. In this book she is hired by the shifter community to find a set of very important maps that were stolen. Things get much more dangerous as she finds herself dealing with gods and goddesses, the witch covens, and a world-ending plot. Kate is very strong and self-assured without being annoying. Her interactions with the Beast Lord, Curran, the leader of all the shifters in Atlanta, are great. I have a major literary crush on Curran. There are just some characters I really wish were real so I could drool at them in real life. Andrews is taking her time developing their relationship, which is oddly, at the same time frustrating and fun to read about. Great urban fantasy series!

A Storm of Swords
George R.R. Martin
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas